The New Librarian

The New Librarian
My colleague Thien Pham created this strip to record my first year on the new job.

Book Club

I was amazed at the kids' enthusiasm for Book Club. I made a short podcast announcing the formation of Book Club and at the club fair, several freshmen manned our booth, distributed candy and collected club sign-ups. At the first meeting nearly 30 students showed up. Most of them were freshmen and sophomores, but the few seniors vowed to recruit their buddies. The first meeting was an open discussion about goals for the book club, and lively debate over most loved and most hated books. The members made a long ballot of books from which the members would select the first title for the Book Club.

The members voted for My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult. The first meeting will be November 29 during MP.

No comments: